Welcome to Fry Hall, to be precise it is called Elizabeth Fry Hall after the prison reformer whose family, the Gurney Family (bankers), were based in Norfolk. In fact we have pupils who are distant relatives in the House at present and they presented us with a very old picture of Elizabeth Fry a couple of years ago.
There have been relatively few Heads of House in Fry over the past 30 years, in fact two! This has given the House a sense of stability. We like to think of ourselves as a friendly House with a sense of fun but also a House where children and staff care for each other. We have a very experienced team of boarding staff and tutors who know our students, meet their needs and challenge them to make the best of the opportunities available.
My wife and I have lived and worked in boarding schools for the past 32 years. My three children grew up in these special environments and are now fully fledged adults with six children between them, ranging from 1 to 16 years of age. My background is that I worked in scientific research before becoming a teacher. I then worked in Science departments in two schools before becoming Head of Biology and then Head of Science. I then moved into boarding management and leadership as a Housemaster and then moved to Wymondham as a Head of House; and here, fortunately, I have stayed.
Dr Chris Jones, Head of House
House Staff List
- Head of House - Dr Chris Jones
- Houseparents - Mr Chris Padreddii & Mrs Kristi Padreddii
- Assistant Head of House - Mr David O'Brien
- Tutors - Miss Hannah Godbold, Miss Sarah Crowdy, Mr Deane Anderton, Mr Ibrahim Abimbola, Mrs Claire Foreman, Mrs Helen Roberts, Mrs Laura Bryce, Mrs Sue Amodio, Mrs Wendy Anema, Ms Juliet Hall
- Non Resident Boarding Tutors - Mr Deane Anderton, Mr Simon Hutchinson, Mrs Hannah Peck, Mr Ibrahim Abimbola, Ms Juliet Hall
- Matrons - Mrs Cheryl Jones, Mrs Sharon Morter, Ms Lyn Sales and Miss Roz Gray
- Graduate Boarding Assistants – Miss Lauren Bennett, Miss Lauren Coward, Mr Sam Pledger
- Student Supervisor(s) - Mr Mark David
House Contact Details
House Phone Number 01953 609032
House Email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Fry Hall Newsletters||Date|
|Fry Focus July 2018||01st Jul 2018||Download|
|Fry Focus May 2018 V2.pdf||01st May 2018||Download|
|Fry Focus March 2019.pdf||18th Mar 2019||Download|
|Fry Focus Nov 2018.pdf||16th Nov 2018||Download|
|Fry Focus Dec 2018.pdf||14th Dec 2018||Download|
|Fry Focus Jan 2019.pdf||25th Jan 2019||Download|
|Fry Focus Feb 2019||15th Feb 2019||Download|