- About Us
- Leavers' Destinations
Students leaving Wymondham College after A-levels go on to an array of different destinations.
Around 80% of our students go to university in the UK, with the most popular subjects including Economics, Law, Nursing, Engineering, Biochemistry, Politics, Sport, Medicine and Veterinary Science. Over 40% of our students choose to go to a Russell Group University, and an average of 7 students go on to study at the University of Oxford or Cambridge.
Our students also apply for Apprenticeship Degrees as an alternative to traditional degree courses. Below are some of the organisations where students have taken up degree apprenticeships;
- Department of Energy
- The Treasury
- Clifford Chance
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Lovewell Blake
- Norfolk NHS Trust
- Rolls Royce
We also encourage students to look for opportunities at overseas universities. In recent years students, with our support, have gone on to study at the following institutions;
- Sports scholarships in the USA. (Most recently a golf scholarship at the University of Texas, a tennis scholarship at the University of Missouri and a rugby scholarship at the University of Central Washington).
- An academic scholarship to study Architecture at Syracuse University in New York
- An academic scholarship to study at The Baptist University in Hong Kong.
- In addition, students have left to go to universities in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Germany, USA
Many students choose to take a gap year after school. Examples of the employment they have taken up include;
- Schools in Chile, Honduras, Tanzania, and Uganda through the Project Trust
- Ski season in the Alps
- Gap Year Assistants at a school we have links in South Korea.
- YipYap, an organisation that employs students as mentors in schools in areas of deprivation.
- Industrial gap year placements e.g. with EDF Energy in their Chemistry and CO2 oxidation group
Other students choose to go directly into employment working in areas such as accountancy, insurance, local government, computing and retail management.
We aim to support students in whatever they are interested in doing. We do this by preparing them to be able to make strong applications, as well as achieving academically and making the most of the many opportunities that the College provides.