It is my privilege and good fortune to be part of the lives of such inspiring and outstanding students. Life here is never dull and like Edith Cavell our students are brave, show compassion and speak up for what they believe in. Our ethos is very centered on our Cavell Family; students and staff looking out for each other and being there when needed. We are fortunate to have a dedicated team of house staff who work tirelessly on behalf of our students, whom we know well and can guide them appropriately. Some students spend five years of their lives with us and in that time they establish a strong bond with staff and fellow students. It is exciting to watch our young people grow and develop into outstanding adults.
Every day at Cavell Hall is different and this makes my role exciting and one that I hope can make a difference. The fact that so many of our past students return to visit is a testament to the impact that we have on their lives now and in the future. I joined Wymondham College in 2010 as Head of Design and Technology. My eldest son left the college in 2017 and my younger children are presently in Year 12 and Year 10. My wife, Alison teaches EAL and has worked at the College since 2010. Our lives are fully interwoven with the College as we live, work and socialise here.
Mr Seamus Rigney, Head of House
House Staff List
- Head of House — Mr Seamus Rigney
- Houseparent — Mr Matthew Norfolk-Clarke
- Assistant Head of House — Mr Richard Grove
- Tutors — Miss Jennifer Bird / Mrs K Staunton, Mrs Fiona Borrett / Mr Rory McShane, Mrs Pauline Davison, Mr Richard Grove, Mr Matthew Hurrell, Miss Hannah John, Ms Caroline Lloyd, Mrs Joanne Minnis/Mrs Sol Bonta-White, Miss Jo Wright
- Non-Residential Boarding Tutors — Mrs Vicki Franklin-Brown, Miss Hannah Green, Mr Richard Grove, Mr Matthew Hurrell, Mr Luke Martin, Mr C Prendergast, Mrs Julia Randall, Ms F Redman
- Matrons — Mrs Anne Childs, Mrs Jackie Cuffe / Mrs Verity Wall, Mrs Nadine Donelan-Bird, Mrs Elizabeth Sutton
- Graduate Boarding Assistants — Mr Charles Clarke, Miss Abigail Garforth, Miss Matilda Murray-Evans
- Student Supervisors — Mrs Alison Rigney/Mrs Vicki Franklin-Brown
- Lunchtime Assistant — Mrs Wendy Ellis
House Contact Details
House Phone Number 01953 609030
House Email email@example.com